Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week 3 Progress

This week I am working my fingers to the bone (what a gross saying) and am making really good progress, here are three new beasts to add to the roster.

 Beast 1: Frozen Kobra


When first starting Frozen Kobra I didn't know if I wanted to have ice encrusted on flesh or just have the whole snake be composed out of ice. As you can see I ended up going with the complete ice concept and I think it turned out really nice. This image is not utilizing reflections or refraction which I actually hope to use in the final game, but will wait to implement that.


Beast 2: Burning Oak



I like having beasts that go against the norm as far as combinations go, so for Burning Oak I went with plant and fire type to make a very interesting beast. The model is done, but the fire particle system and the lighting are not to my satisfaction yet.

Beast 3: Terrorsaur


I watch a lot of Feng Zhus tutorials online and he said something quite genius about drawing inspiration from everything, so now no matter where I go I am always looking and listening for inspiration. Terrorsaur much like most of my beasts came from just such inspiration when I took my daughters to our local dinosaur museum. All birdlike dinosaurs are from the family "terasaur" which I stewed over for some time, then it hit me I needed an undead type beast and thus Terrorsaur was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment